Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
It comes back to one of our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are do it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
Overview of Role:
The Design Team at Nitro delivers a best inclass, seamless experience for our customers from the top of the funnel through product. We’re looking for a Head of Brand Design to own the visual identity and perception of Nitro’s brand. As a functional leader on the Design Team, you’ll report to the VP of Design & Experience, and take responsibility for the people and processes required to deliver a world-class brand at scale. If you’re insatiably curious, eager to build, and believe that design holds untapped business value then we would love to hear from you.
- Embodies Nitro’s core values of high performance, deep empathy, and adaptability.
- Proven experience as an individual contributor in developing brand identities and design systems for brand-conscious organizations.
- Operational experience in managing design systems across a variety of channels and markets.
- A self-starter with an interest in growing a function through a period of change.
- Has led high-performing teams and can grow talent over time.
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Has an ability to articulate and evangelize the business value of design, and can balance investment to outcome.
- Own, maintain, and evolve Nitro’s brand identity and visual expression across the business and based on a strategy developed in partnership with Brand Marketing team.
- Build partnerships in high-impact areas of the business to drive a consistent brand experience which celebrates Nitro’s culture, sets a standard of craftsmanship, and is a value-add to top-level business outcomes.
- Work with the VP of Design & Experience to define executive-level measurable outcomes for the brand’s visuals and experience
- Build, manage, and mentor a world-class team of in-house designers and contractors that enhance outcomes for our internal partners.
- Ensure a measurably high-quality and cohesive brand experience for customers, prospects, and employees at all touchpoints.
- Coordinate with Research Operations to conduct user research, usability tests, perception analysis, data analysis, and surveys to drive qualitative and quantitative insights as to how our brand is being experienced and perceived.
- Develop processes and tools that ensure a consistent standard of quality and ease-of-use when those in and outside of the design team extend the brand.
- Evaluate talent within Nitro and among our contracted design partners, and efficiently deploy resources that create the best outcome.About Nitro:
At Nitro, we're changing the way the world works with documents. From the desktop to the cloud, we make it easy to create, edit, share, sign and collaborate—online or offline.
More than 490,000 businesses run Nitro, including over 50% of the Fortune 500. We're the PDF software partner of choice for Lenovo®, and our award-winning products, including Nitro Pro and Nitro Cloud, are used by millions of people every month in nearly 200 countries.
Australian-founded, we're headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in Melbourne, Australia; Dublin, Ireland; Nitra, Slovakia; and St. Petersburg, Russia. One of the fastest growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Software 500 award winner. #LI-JG1 #LI-Remote