Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares and believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
Building Products at Nitro
- Our products are used by 13,000+ businesses and 3M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
Nitro is seeking a Test Automation Engineer to create, maintain and optimise our FE automated testing. The focus will be on Nitro Sign Premium and all the products that come with it.
You will be instrumental in enhancing and evolving our processes, efficiency and overall quality of our product and way of working.
You will work closely with our QA and development teams to get a good understanding of the product and to develop a detailed test automation set. This also provides a great opportunity for future growth and career progression in the company.
What you’ll do:
- Create a FE automation framework from scratch
- Design automated best practice Front End (FE), end-to-end, Contract and other high value tests and maintain them programmatically
- Refactor as often as needed
- Write code to minimise the burden of maintenance
- Set up and manage in partnership with System Engineering automated test infrastructure that is reproducible and immutable and makes efficient use of resources
- Code and maintain best practice end-to-end tests
- Help to define the CI/CD direction and strategy and continuously improve those processes and systems and ensure that build and deployment is considered as much part of quality as testing and coding
- Work closely with Front End and Back End (BE) engineers to ensure testing is a natural, smooth flow
- Ensure test reports are detailed and useful and are widely used by developers and others
- Liaise with Product Management and others to ensure testing is considered in every feature and non-functional requirement
What we’re looking for:
- Recent experience as a Quality Assurance (QA) automation engineer, Front End (FE) developer or similar
- Someone looking to move into full development with a focus on testing and quality
- Someone who cares about delivering working systems for customers, who thinks as they think
- Someone who is almost obnoxious in their approach to quality and is passionate about sad paths, outcomes and security
- A focus on delivering incremental value as little and often as possible
- Experience with test automation tools (such as Taiko, Gauge or Cypress)
- Scripting using Groovy, PowerShell, SQL, Java or similar
- Knowledge of software development and test support tools: JIRA, Confluence, Kanban
- Comfortable with Git, GitHub and the IntelliJ IDE
- Good communication skills and a positive mindset with an interest in learning more
- Fluency with Technical English
Nice to have:
- Experience with, React, Knockout, webpack, gulp
- Containers and virtualization technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, etc,…
- Azure DevOps knowledge
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Nitro provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. #LI-NS1